Monday, October 13, 2008

Ideas Statement

Designing for David Malouf as my client, I focused on how I thought he was as a person. From certain aspects of my research I decided to pay particular attention to his most noted personality traites. He is an intelligent man with a passion for history and is quite politically minded. He supports visual arts and even has an interest in architecture. He is a very private and reserved person and very little of his personal life is known to the public. This is the main driving idea behind my design, working particularly with designing a contemporary home in both shape and form, making it modern yet still comfortable. By encouraging the feeling of privacy and security I came up with an earth sheltered home, using nature itself as an intimate shelter and refuge, blending in with the surroundings. However, the interior, I feel should be very open and functional, using materials and lighting as focus elements and highlights.

No comments: